FOX News Chicago, "Aldermen, Action Now leaders call for $15 minimum wage"
Austin Talks, "West Side residents protest charter school expansion"
Chicago Tribune, "CPS to hear new charter school proposals"
Chicago Sun-Times, "Delay funding vote for more charter schools, Progressive Caucus urge"
Action Now’s Executive Director Katelyn Johnson was quoted in the following press coverage of the low wage worker strikes:
- Chicago Tribune, “Retail, fast food workers rally for higher pay in Chicago”
- Colorlines, “Chicago Fast Food and Retail Workers Strike”
- Progress Illinois, “Community Groups Picket Chicago Urban League, Demand Meeting With Andrea Zopp On School Closings (VIDEO)”
- Chicago Defender, “Community orgs protest outside Chicago Urban League”
- The Nation, “Shocking Rahm’s Shock Doctrine”
- Chicagoist, “The Chicago School Closings Protests”
- Chicago Sun-Times, “Protesters block downtown streets over school closings”
- Chicago Tribune, “Mayor says negotiations over, but protesters march on”
- WGN News, “Angry parents protest CPS closures”
- Progress Illinois, “Neighborhood School Advocates Serve School Board Members With Suspension Notices”
- Chicago Public Radio 91.5 FM, “Chicago proposes closing 53 elementary schools, firing staff at another 6″
- CBS News, “CPS Informing Schools Of Closing Plans”
- On February 11th, Action Now leader Charles Brown and Action Now Executive Director Katelyn Johnson were quoted in a Chicago Sun-Times column by Mark Brown about what Chicagoans think President Obama should address in his state of the union speech
- On February 13th, Action Now leader Windy Pearson was quoted in an article in DNA Info about parents calling for an independent probe of school closings
- Romanetha Looper, a teacher at Penn Elementary and a graduate of Action Now Institute’s chapter of the Grow Your Own Teacher Program, was recently profiled in a Equal Voice News article and video about how she helps children through teaching
- Chicago Sun-Times, “Chicagoans protesting public school closings at Arne Duncan’s Education Department”
- New York Times, “Education Dept. to Hear School Closing Complaint”
- Huffington Post, “School Closures Violate Civil Rights, Protestors Tell Arne Duncan”
- WBEZ 91.5 FM, “Chicago school closings being investigated”
- Washington Post, “Activists to U.S. Education Department: Stop school closings now”
- Medill Reports, “Chicago residents call school closings a civil rights issue at D.C. hearing”
- WBEZ 91.5 FM, “Chicago activists speak out against school-closings at D.C. hearing”
- Diane Ravitch Blog, “Noble Charters Make Money on Student Fines”
- Huffington Post, “Marsha Godard, Chicago Mother, Fined Over $3,000 For Son’s Behavior At Noble Network Charter School”
- Diane Ravitch’s Blog, “Chicago Charter Fines Mom $3,000 for Her Son’s Misbehavior”
- CBS/WBBM Radio, “Union Supporters Protest Illinois Minimum Wage”
- WGN News, “Police Ticket Protestors On Mag Mile”
For more posts with links to Action Now news coverage, click here!