Action Now is seeking talented, outgoing individuals committed to social, racial, and economic justice for the position of Part-Time Canvasser. Canvassers will work with the Canvass Director and Organizing Director to help build Action Now Membership and mobilize communities for initiatives in low-income neighborhoods. Canvassers will report directly to the Canvass Director.
- Engage and educate Chicago residents in low-income neighborhoods
- Recruit residents to become Action Now Members
- Raise funds through door to door canvassing to meet Action Now goals
- Complete daily and weekly reports on progress
- Participate and complete all required training
- Previous canvass experience preferred but not required
- Strong commitment to Social, Racial, and Economic Justice
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work in diverse communities
- Ability to adapt to fast-moving environment
- Familiarity with state-wide and local Social Justice issues
- Ability to work 25-30 hours a week in various conditions
Action Now offers competitive pay and opportunities for career advancement. Action Now is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.